They say it’s the most wonderful time of the year – and it is in so many ways; time for good food, friends, family and frivolity! It’s a wild time of year! That said it can get a bit too wild at times, especially if you are unsure what to get someone who has everything, or know what to cook to satisfy even the most judgmental of family members. Since it’s officially crunch time for holiday shopping and meal planning, and if that fact has made you overwhelmed and crazy, I have some solutions for you!
5 Awesome Last-minute Gifts for Under $100.00:
- Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes – this book is a FANTASTIC gift for any woman in your life! We read it in The Bedtime Betties Book Club on Facebook. Join us (if you haven’t already) and bring all your girlfriends! This book is available at most bookstores, including Barnes and Noble.
- Copper Mugs to make those delicious Moscow & Kentucky Mule cocktails!
- Vera Bradley Overnight and Travel bags – SO CUTE! And we’re so lucky that many models are under $100!!! Macy’s carries them and they are having sales galore right now!
- The Fitbit One fitness tracker – coming in at $99.95, Fitbit One tracks steps, distance travelled, calories burned, stairs climbed and tracks sleep. Wake up happy with the silent alarm every morning instead of an annoying alarm! I love mine! Fitbits are available at many retailers, like Macy’s, Kohl’s, Best Buy, and Target.
- BeautyCounter makeup and skin care – BeautyCounter makes safer beauty products (read company statement here) AND much of their line is available at Target!
5 Delicious (and Grain-free) Recipes that Take 30-Minutes or Less:
- Paleo Leap: Cajun-Style Shrimp – take THAT boring, old shrimp cocktail!
- Real Food Outlaws: Grass-Fed Red Wine Steak with Caramelized Mushrooms – holy moly! Get some potatoes roasting or boiling and some greens on the stove and you can eat this baby in 30 minutes!
- A Happy Healthnut: Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Breasts with Mustard Maple Glaze – knock their socks off with this tasty and delicious chicken dish!
- Minimalist Baker: Apple, Pecan & Arugula Salad – Delightful! Who said salad had to be boring. (Bonus – if you ever want to zip up a salad, try adding Honeyed Walnuts to it! OMG!)
- Primal Palate: Gingerbread Cookies with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting – Get you gingerbread-men cookie cutters out for this grain-free version of a holiday classic! OK, so this recipe takes slightly more than 30 minutes if you make the frosting, but for that extra 10 minutes you get heavenly buttercream! So who cares? MMMMM…buttercream….