There are few meals that have such an overall appeal to the mainstream public as beef stew. I have delighted in the fact that it is cool enough outside to make my version of this hearty meal again since the last thing I like doing in the summer is standing over a hot stove!
This beef stew recipe initially came from PALEO COMFORT FOODS which is an amazing cookbook! I have changed it so much over time that I am posting my recipe below. I encourage you to try both!
Before I get to the recipe, I just want to remind everyone that I am re-releasing my FREE women’s weight loss email series, Live Wild to Lose Weight; 4 Steps to Freedom From ALL That Weighs You Down on Tuesday Oct. 1. If you haven’t subscribed to my newsletter, please do so here by tomorrow Sept. 30 to receive it! As a bonus, you will also receive my ebook The Live Wild Survival Guide FREE! Over 400 women have subscribed so far (AWESOME!) and have taken the first step to making lasting changes to their health and happiness! What’s great about my plan is it is all about eating real food – just like this amazing beef stew!
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
5 anchovies, mushed into a paste
2 pounds of grass-fed stew meat
4 pieces of bacon
4 carrots, peeled and sliced
2 onions, chopped
¼ cup of almond flour
1.5 cups of red wine (keep the rest for drinking with the stew later!)
4 cups of homemade beef bone broth
2 zucchini, sliced
4 white potatoes, peeled and cubed (can sub sweet potato here too)
Sea salt and pepper to taste
1) Fry the bacon until cooked, put aside.
2) In a large stock pot, pour in the bacon fat and turn on heat to medium
3) Brown the stew meat in the bacon fat. Add salt and pepper.
4) Add the carrots, onions & potatoes and zucchini. Stir.
5) Take the anchovy paste you made and mush in the chopped garlic until incorporated. Add this to the pot.
6) Add the pieces of cooked bacon
7) Add the almond flour and stir until ingredients are dry
8) Add the red wine and let boil to reduce.
9) Add the bone broth
10) Let cook on medium heat until finished!